Knowing about toenail fungus, its causes and how to deal with it, is helpful to specialized medical literature and Internet sites. However, it is recommended to consult with a mycologist first. The laboratory tests performed accurately determine the type of fungal infection, which helps to choose the right treatment.
What is onychomycosis
The subgroup of diseases caused by the penetration of fungal microorganisms into the nail plate tissue is onychomycosis. Infections are usually caused by untreated skin lesions on the fingers/toes. The disease can occur at any age, but men aged 20-55 are more likely to face this disease.
According to the International Classification of Diseases, the code for onychomycosis is B35. 1. Pathological changes of nails are mainly caused by skin neoplasms, and pathogens of Candida or mold microorganisms are rarely used for diagnostic studies.
Nail fungus is transmitted, which is why it occurs in 90% of cases-it is direct contact with someone who is already sick, such as direct contact with members of the same family, or close communication with ordinary household items. Promote infection by weakening the body's immune barrier-Causes of toenail fungusRooted in diabetes, immunodeficiency, recent serious diseases.
The clinical manifestations not only directly depend on the type of fungal pathogen, but also on the area that it penetrates-the distal form of onychomycosis or proximal nail lesions. Variations in the total spread of infection are very rare.
Causes and symptoms of toenail fungus
Research conducted by experts allows us to studyToenail fungus, where does it come fromAnd who is at risk of infection. Pathogenic microorganisms not only live on the tissues of the feet and hands, but also on the rest of the human body. They are able to maintain their vital activities on the surrounding objects. For this reason, it is enough to keep them in a warm and humid environment. For nutrition, there are enough epidermal scales to continuously collapse in the human body.
MainCauses of toenail fungus:
- Age criteria-Anyone can face fungal infections, but men between 18 and 50 are susceptible to infections.
- Working in hazardous industries-working in high-temperature and high-humidity gas-polluted, dusty rooms;
- Often wear tight, poorly ventilated shoes;
- Frequent mild tissue damage-abrasions, abrasions, calluses on the feet;
- Anatomical and physiological features-for example, narrow space between the fingers;
- A tendency to sweat excessively-hyperhidrosis;
- Various physical pathological processes that weaken the skin's protective barrier-diabetes, hyperthyroidism, psoriasis, obesity.
doubtToenail fungusThe characteristic symptoms and signs of the disease are allowed. In most cases, people go to the doctor and complain that the nail plate has become cloudy, pale yellow, an unpleasant smell is emitted from the feet, and the brittleness of the nail edges has increased.
Fungus risk group
In fact, onychomycosis is a public infection. After all, everyone can be infected with fungi, especially where the pathogen concentration is high. Many people are at risk:
- Employees in baths and saunas, swimming pools and gymnasiums;
- Cleaners in public places;
- Family members of the patient;
- People who are weak due to recent illnesses;
- Expectant mothers-pregnancy will worsen the skin condition of the feet;
- People who neglect personal hygiene;
- During the entire work shift, especially when wearing tight shoes made of man-made materials, they must be placed in a hot, poorly ventilated room;
- Women going to an unproven pedicure salon;
- Beach lovers-The sand is often infected by fungal microorganisms because people walk on the sand barefoot or wearing dirty shoes.
If you know who has the most,Why toenail fungus, It is easier to protect yourself from infection. Therefore, it is recommended that everyone assess their risk of infection and take appropriate preventive measures.
It is much easier to get rid of the pathological focus of the disease, and it is easier to choose treatment when people seek medical help as soon as possible. Because the clinical manifestations of onychomycosis are similar to the symptoms of other lesions of the nail plate, mycologists will certainly prescribe many diagnostic procedures:
- Examine the affected area thoroughly with a magnifying glass;
- Collect the main complaint and recall records-the reason for the penetration into the organization, one can point out by himself;
- Scrape off the surface of the plate and examine the cells under a microscope;
- Use a nail to sown on a special nutrient medium-existing fungal colonies begin to actively multiply, but analysis takes a lot of time;
- Histological examination-if the process is suspected to be malignant.
After comparing all the information in the diagnosis process, the mycologist gave his qualified opinion-confirmed the initial diagnosisNail fungus, And then choose the best plan for its treatment.
Nail fungus treatment
Important information aboutNail fungusFor mycologists, it allows you to identify and eliminate the mechanism of human infection and choose the right treatment plan. After all, there are many pathogens of infectious diseases. Some drugs are effective, while others can only prevent the growth of infectious cells, but cannot completely eliminate them.
By settingCauses of nail fungus, The experts who had already made suggestions in the first consultation gave suggestions on how to eliminate these problems-for example, buying new shoes, prudent personal hygiene, treatment of all family members. Only after that, Why is nail fungus, You can start medication. Two main areas are usually distinguished-with the help of fungicidal ointments, the local effect of varnish on the lesion, and the course of treatment with systemic antifungal drugs according to personal needs.
In the classic version,Why is there fungus on toenails-The infection is caused by contaminated shoes or walking barefoot on the tiles of the swimming pool. It is best to treat the infection through external means. On the shelves of pharmacies, there are many types of antifungal drugs:
- Polyene subgroup-they are characterized by high democratic costs, high efficiency, and various dosage forms;
- Pyrrole subtypes-in the process of starting treatment in time, they can deal with most known fungal microorganisms;
- Malonamide subgroup-the rapid inhibition of nails, feet or body hair or epithelial mycosis is inherent.
After finding outWhy fungus appears on the nails, The mycologist will recommend the best drug to inhibit the activity of onychomycosis from the outside-cream/ointment with bactericidal properties. In severe cases, tablets/capsules or injection of drug solutions will be prescribed to produce systemic effects on the infection.
Independent changes in drug dosage, dosing frequency or duration of treatment are unacceptable. This behavior will aggravate the clinical condition of onychomycosis and lead to the formation of complications.
long, long agoNail fungus treatmentIt is the prerogative of a traditional healer. There are many effective formulas for medicinal plants, beekeeping products and simple home remedies to eliminate discomfort and inhibit the activity of fungal microorganisms.
The accumulated knowledge about the causes and symptoms of diseases makes it possible to create effective family treatments:
- Make a concentrated solution of potassium permanganate before going to bed and place your feet for 15 to 20 minutes. Then dry the skin thoroughly, and apply a mixture of crushed propolis and alcohol to the affected area with fungus. Fix the gauze bandage on it and leave it for one day. Repeat this process 3-5 times.
- Insist on putting the contents of 1 liter of vinegar essence and 1 packet of celandine in the dark cabinet. Filter after 3-4 weeks. Add the foot bath with salt. The duration of this process is 5-7 minutes.
- Use tar soap lotion. After the initial cooking of the foot tissue, thoroughly scrub the finger space and nails with tar soap, and then pour salt on it. overnight.
To speed up the recovery from nail fungus, you can use a simple formula-wipe the affected area with iodine tin or golden beard juice, onion, and celandine juice in the morning. They have bactericidal properties that inhibit the activity of fungal cells.
Prevent fungal diseases
It is much easier to prevent the recurrence of primary infections and fungal infections than to eliminate foot/hand infections. Primary/secondary prevention interventions are affordable and easy to implement. after allWhat do the fungus on the toenails say-Weaken the body's own defense capabilities.
Therefore, in order to return a strong immunity, it is necessary to take a variety of measures:
- Adjust your diet-the menu should include more fresh vegetables, including fruits, vitamins, and light protein, but pickles and preservatives, fast food and high-fat/smoky dishes should be minimized;
- Reject alcohol/tobacco products;
- Observe personal hygiene carefully-take a hygienic shower every day, change underwear and socks;
- Buy shoes made of high-quality materials determined by the size of your feet, and never wear other people's shoes/boots;
- Use individual tools to pedicure yourself, or give your nails to a professional master;
- Please use anti-fungal protective equipment before using it in public places with humid air (swimming pool, sauna or bathroom).
The widespread prevention of fungal infections is to comply with the rules of hygiene and epidemiology-the use of disinfectant solutions for wet cleaning of the room, active ventilation, and quartz disinfection if necessary.
Reviews on toenail fungus treatment
- The comprehensive treatment of onychomycosis is not only the effect of drug infection, but also the correction of a person's lifestyle. The fungus can be defeated by a variety of measures, such as using ointments at the same time to harden the body and observe personal hygiene habits. In addition, it is recommended to treat all family members immediately to avoid recurrence of the disease. There are many antifungal drugs in the pharmacy, and you can choose the best treatment for each situation. "
- "I recently learned that if there is fungus on the nails-my diagnosis is onychomycosis, then early inflammation has already begun to appear in the blood, and tests can prove this. The doctor mycologist explained to me in detail about fungal infections. All the information and how to best deal with it. Now I have received treatment and feel better. Now, I will better observe the prevention of this disease and tell my friends and acquaintances so as not to be affected by it. Infected by a serious infection. "
- Medicines can certainly deal with nail fungus, but at the same time their chemical composition is harmful to health. Therefore, I prefer to use traditional medicine recipes first. I used a simple method to remove the fungus from my husband's feet-every night, they steamed their nails with soda water and then applied a lotion with homemade vinegar. Initially, the burning and burning pain are eliminated, and then healthy nails grow back. In addition, they are also taken with marigold, chamomile and echinacea to strengthen the immune system. Now my husband has completely got rid of toenail fungus. "