If you experience an unpleasant phenomenon such as a fungal infection, you must start treatment immediately. on,How to cure toenail fungusWe will discuss in this article.
First, you need to understand what a fungal infection is. These diseases belong to the category of infectious diseases. Fungal infections or infections caused by fungi are very diverse, but in most cases they affect the skin and nails. Fungal diseases are contagious and spread from person to person.
This disease (onychomycosis) is caused by a fungal infection and can be infected from the patient. The disease is often spread through shared items such as slippers or towels, and spread in families.
This fungus likes a humid and warm environment, so swimming pools, showers, gyms, and bathrooms are ideal places for infection. The predisposing factors for the disease are wet shoes and excessive sweating of the feet.
Fungus is a very strong microorganism. They endure dry living conditions and temporarily stop breeding. However, once the environment becomes favorable, violent life activities will begin again.
If the nails are infected by fungi, they can change their appearance. The color of the nail plate changes to white, gray, yellow, brown, green or even black. The nails become thick, chipped, and lose their natural luster. Thickening of the nail plate is a response to increased infection in the nail bed. Keratinization grows and significantly interferes with treatment.
In advanced cases, the fungus can affect the entire thickness of the nail. The nails began to fall off and collapsed.
In order to make a correct diagnosis, it is necessary to conduct laboratory studies on samples taken from the nails.
Nail fungus medicine
To treat nail fungus, topical preparations and oral preparations are used. Topical medicines are ointments, creams, gels, nail polishes and special plasters with peeling effect.
Antifungal varnishes include compounds that can penetrate deep into the nail plate and nail bed. In order to use varnish, you must first cut off the affected part of the nail with a nail file, and then degreas it with alcohol.
Keratin ointments and patches are used to remove nail areas affected by fungi. Under the action of these agents, the nails become soft and easy to remove for subsequent treatment. Plasters and ointments contain preservatives, salicylic acid or acetic acid. Antifungal ingredients can also be included. Put a layer of plaster on the nail of the affected area, on top of which is a layer of ordinary tape and a layer of bandage. Remove the bandage after 2-3 days. Remove the softened area of the nail, and then apply a new keratolytic patch again. Treat until the nail infected with the fungus is cleaned. Treatment with patches or keratolytic ointments is a long process.
There are special kits for the treatment of nail fungus. These include antifungal creams that decompose the stratum corneum, special spatulas and patches for cleaning nails.
Instruct to use antifungal ointment. The cream must be applied to the affected area every day until full recovery.
If the nail fungus does not respond well to treatment, especially in advanced cases, the doctor will prescribe antifungal drugs-in capsule and tablet form. These funds must be withdrawn within 2 to 4 months. However, it is precisely due to the length of ingestion time that many of them may have a negative impact on the human body. Therefore, a new systemic treatment method called pulse therapy has been developed. The essence of this therapy is a mild medication regimen: twice a week, twice or twice a day. Then, you should rest for 21 days. The general course of pulse therapy is 3 times, 7 days in total.
Antifungal drugs can prevent disease recurrence and effectively fight infections. The doctor prescribes the medicine that the patient needs most.
Folk remedies against nail fungus
If the disease does not start, you can take medicines based on herbs and herbal ingredients to help with medication.
- Grind mint leaves and mix with salt. Apply the composition to the nails and leave between the fingers for one hour.
- Pour 20 grams with half a cup of alcohol into the lavender flowers. Let it brew for two weeks. Rub the composition into the affected area several times a day.
- Mix butter and garlic in a ratio of 1: 1. Apply a bandage and tape to your nails once a day. Change the product every day. Apply until fully restored.
- It is recommended to walk barefoot in the morning dew. It is considered one of the best treatments.
- Mix garlic juice, pure alcohol and distilled water in a ratio of 1: 1: 1: 10. Rub the composition regularly into the nail infected by the fungus.
- Mash the fresh flower an leaves into a gruel and apply it to the affected area for 1 hour. Apply the recipe until fully recovered.
- Pour half a cup of poplar sprouts into 0. 5 liters of vodka. Let it brew for 10-12 days. Use tincture compresses at night. The nails become soft overnight. In the morning, you should clean your nails to make them slightly keratinized, and wipe the tincture thoroughly.
- Wrap the nails of the affected area with golden beard leaves. Use plastic wrap to enhance the compression effect. Compression can be done at night. In the morning, you should clean your nails so that their cuticles will not soften.
If you follow simple rules, you will never experience an unpleasant disease like toenail fungus.
- Do not wear other people's shoes.
- When you get home, be sure to dry your shoes.
- If you often go to the bathroom, swimming pool, gym, please use topical antifungal medicine.
- At home, it is best not to reject porous or fluffy carpets in the bathroom, as they are carriers of infection, including nail fungus.
- If you forget to change your shoes at home when you visit a public place, and the antifungal medicine has been exhausted, treat your feet and nails with tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, and propolis tincture when you get home.
See a doctor at the first sign of nail fungus. Even if you make a mistake, don’t regret wasting your time, because nothing is more important than your health.